Resolving "Old PIA"

Support for the Plugin Architecture

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

firehawk

Resolving "Old PIA"

Post by firehawk »

I have installed the latest Cacti for Windows built, version 0.8.8g. However, when I tried to run several of the plugins, one specific example is Network Weathermap 0.97c, in the Plugin Management page, I am getting a status of "Old PIA". Weathermap will not load even their example.conf file (not sure if that is PIA related). I looked at the PIA download section and the latest it has is 0.8.7h date 25 Sept 2011. Surely, Cacti 0.8.8g is using a PIA much newer than that.

Any idea if I need to upgrade the PIA module in Cacti 0.8.8g to get weathermap to work? If so, where can i get the latest that will work with this version of Cacti?

How do I check what version of PIA come with Cacti 0.8.8g?

Thanks in advance.
cigamit
Developer

Re: Resolving "Old PIA"

Post by cigamit »

No, that is stating that the weathermap plugin is loading via the "Old Plugin Architecture" method, instead of the new method. You can safely ignore that. The Plugin Architecture is built into Cacti now, and there is no need to ever install a newer PA.
firehawk

Post by firehawk »

I was hoping that the PIA was an easy fix to the weathermap problem I am having--i.e. a blank weathermap tab and weathermap can't pull in the example.conf that came with the installation as the tutorial said to use as a starting point.

Thanks for the response.
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

Blank pages can generally be symptomatic of either a permission issue, or PHP Errors (with PHP Errors turned off in php.ini).